This recipe combines the great flavours of MaRobert's products with fresh ingredients to create a sauce that is not only delicious but versatile, too. It's ideal for serving with chicken or white fish, and even goes well with pasta. You can make a batch in advance ready to use in different dishes, and the recipe can be adjusted to suit different palates. Whether you're a chilli addict or prefer a milder heat, this recipe is a kitchen staple.
Preparation time: 30 minutes approx.
- 250g baby plum tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic (2 if you like it strong)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp MaRobert's sauce - adjust the heat to suit your preference
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 sweet pepper - red/yellow/orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes in half width ways and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium/high heat and add the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften.
- Add the onion and garlic to the tomatoes and cook until soft. Meanwhile, dice the pepper.
- Stir in the MaRobert's sauce and add the balsamic vinegar. Reduce the heat to medium/low and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper and cook until it begins to soften. If you want variation in the sauce's texture then do not soften the pepper too much, so it will still have a slight crunch.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve as required.
Tip: Add olives to serve with pasta
Tip: For a really fruity tang, add diced mango. This will sweeten the sauce and add texture.