This quick and easy dish is perfect for those occasions when you're pushed for time but still want something with lots of flavour. MaRobert's Prawn Stir Fry makes a great lunch on its own, or can be served with rice or noodles for a more substantial meal.
Preparation time: 15 minutes approx.
- 250g raw king prawns (shells and tails removed)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (thumb sized)
- 1 red chilli, or 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 100g sugarsnap peas
- 1 large carrot
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 85g beansprouts
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Juice of ½ a lime
- ½ jar MaRobert's sauce
- Handful fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- 3 spring onions to serve (chopped, optional)
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger, chilli (if using fresh), and pepper. Peel the carrot and slice into thin batons.
- In a wok, combine the olive oil, garlic, ginger, and chilli/chilli seeds. Turn to a high heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the pepper, sugarsnap peas, and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the beansprouts and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice, and MaRobert's sauce, combine well, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve as required.
If you want the flavour of a fresh chilli without the dish being too hot, deseed it when chopping to reduce the heat.