This recipe is a Mexican dish and is perfect for a weekend breakfast with an added kick!
Preparation time: 30 minutes approx.
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ jar MaRobert's sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Handful fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- Finely chop the onion, both peppers, courgette, and garlic. Combine in a bowl with the MaRobert's sauce and tomato puree.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (preferably one with a lid) over a medium heat and add a quarter of the salsa. Cook until warmed through.
- Make a hole in the middle of the salsa and place the butter within it. Break 2 eggs into this space.
- Cover the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Season to taste, top with coriander and serve as required.
- Repeat the process for other servings.
Tip: If you want to turn up the heat on this dish, add a finely chopped fresh chilli to the salsa mixture.
Tip: For an extra touch, serve with avocado mashed with lime juice and coriander.