This flavourful dish is healthy and easy to prepare - perfect for a weeknight indulgence, enjoy!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, grated/crushed
- Thumb sized piece ginger, grated
- 1 red chilli
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes, fresh or tinned
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ jar MaRobert's sauce
- 500g turkey breast, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Spring onions, finely chopped
- Fresh coriander to serve (optional)
- In a heavy based saucepan, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil then add the cumins seeds and bay leaves. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chillies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, ground spices (saving ½ tsp of garam masala and the cinnamon for later), and MaRobert's sauce of your choice. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the turkey breast, season with salt and pepper, cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat the remaining oil and add the garam masala and cinnamon. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and cook for 5 minute, stirring often.
- Add the peppers to the main pan, stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes. Ensure the fragrant oil from the pepper pan goes into the main pot too.
- Add the spring onions, top with fresh coriander and serve as required.